We are thrilled to welcome back our worshipping community as we celebrate Mass every day and on the weekend. We encourage you to come and worship with us! To keep everyone safe, we are following the Diocesan and state guidelines for the pandemic. You may feel frustrated with the restrictions, but we invite you to bare them patiently for the good of all.
You don’t need a reservation for Mass. You will be welcomed in by our volunteers as long as we have not reached our pandemic capacity.
SACRAMENT OF PENANCE
During lent time we will have penance at 7:00 PM on Wednesdays at Saint Nicholas, 3:00PM Fridays at Our Lady, Star of the Sea, and by appointment.
The days of FAST (only one full meal) and ABSTINANCE (No meat) are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday unless there is a reason because of sickness or other dispensation. All Fridays of Lent are days of ABSTINENCE (no meat).
Those between the ages of 18 and 59 are obligated to FAST. From the age of 14, people are obligated to ABSTAIN.
Pandemic Mass Schedule
Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, 2651 Atlantic Avenue
Monday – Friday
7:00 AM English
5:15 PM English
Weds & Friday
7:00 PM Spanish
6:30 PM Spanish
8:00 AM English
4:15 PM English
7:00 PM Spanish
7:30 AM English
9:30 AM Spanish
12:00 PM English
2:30 PM Spanish
6:30 PM Vietnamese
St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church, 1409 Pacific Avenue
Sat 4:00 PM English
Sun 10:30 AM English
- Everyone aged 2 and older needs to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth before entry and to keep the mask on during the entire Mass.
- We can only enter the Church through the front main door and exit through a side door.
- The Church is open a half hour before Mass begins.
- Communion will be distributed with reverence and care.
- Since the obligation to attend Sunday Mass or Holy Days of Obligation continues to be lifted by Bishop Sullivan, please do not come to Mass if you are temporarily sick or compromised due to health conditions.
- Bathrooms will not be open during the pandemic.
No reservations are necessary to attend Mass. Just come in to worship with us. First come, first welcomed.
Jesus and we are waiting for you!