Thank you for your interest in getting married at the Parish of Saint Monica, Atlantic City. We are a popular wedding destination for many couples. For Catholics, marriage is a sacrament and is most commonly celebrated in the parish of the bride or groom. Therefore, our first priority when scheduling wedding is our own parishioners preparing for marriage. Parishioners pay a smaller fee because they already support the parish in their weekly offerings.
- Marriage preparation must be completed with the couple’s parish priest, as the priests of the Parish of St. Monica are unable to prepare couples who are not parishioners at the Parish of St. Monica.
- The wedding must also be officiated by the priest who prepares the couple or by another priest or deacon chosen by the couple. The priests at the Parish of Saint Monica are not available for destination weddings because they are already committed to their ministerial commitments in the parish.
- The fee for destination weddings is $2,000.
- In order to secure your wedding date, a 50% non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is required at the time of reserving a date. The remaining balance of $1,000 is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
Application and Agreement for Non-Parishioners
Below, you will find a link to the destination weddings application form. Please print and mail the form to Laura Bello (address below), or scan your completed form and email it to Laura (email below). Once we receive your application, Laura will contact you to discuss a possible date for your wedding. Your deposit will then need to be paid in order to reserve your wedding date. Please do not hesitate to call Laura if you have any questions.
Click Here for Destination Weddings Inquiry Form
Mail or Email your completed form to:
The Parish of Saint Monica
ATTN: Laura Bello
2651 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Rehearsals for weddings at St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church and St. Michael’s Church will be scheduled no later than 5:00pm on the day before your wedding. Rehearsals for weddings at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church will be scheduled no later than 2:00pm on the day before your wedding. Rehearsals can also be scheduled on other days prior to the wedding as per needs of the presiding priest or other scheduling conflicts.
Music is an integral part of your wedding. The Parish of St. Monica musicians will provide music for your wedding. The base fee for our musicians is $350, but certain additional music requests have additional fees. Outside musicians can only be used for weddings with the coordination of the organist here at the Parish of St. Monica. There is also a bench fee of $250 when bringing in your own musicians from outside of the Parish of St. Monica. After filling out an application for a destination wedding here at the Parish of St. Monica, you will be able to get in touch with our musicians.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Flowers are the responsibility of the couple but need to abide by the following guidelines. No flowers are to be placed directly in front of the altar. Floral arrangements can be placed toward the sides of the altar, in front of the pulpit, or in some other areas of the sanctuary.
- Flowers, ribbons, and other decorations are not allowed to be taped, glued, puttied, wired, nor stapled to the pews of our churches.
- Please inform your guests that throwing rice, flower petals, birdseed, confetti, glitter, or other objects is NOT permitted anywhere on church property.
- Runners are not allowed to be used in weddings at the Parish of St. Monica, as they can become safety hazards.
- All planning for your wedding ceremony should be done with the priest who is preparing you for marriage or with the priest who will celebrate your wedding. All planning should be completed well in advance of your wedding rehearsal.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted to be in our church buildings or on parish property, with the exception of service animals. Dogs and other pets are not allowed to be involved in your wedding in any way during the ceremony.
- Please remind your guests to respect the Blessed Sacrament when entering the church for your rehearsal and for your wedding.
- We remind you that the church is a place of worship, and that proper reverence is expected of all occupants of the church buildings, including you and your guests. This reverence is extended to all areas of our church properties. This is especially important to remember during your rehearsal, before your ceremony, and after your ceremony when taking pictures.
- Thank you for being mindful of others on your special day. We look forward to welcoming you here at the Parish of St. Monica as you celebrate your wedding!