Thank you for your interest in hosting your wedding with the Parish of Saint Monica in Atlantic City. We are a popular destination for many couples. For Catholics, marriage is a sacrament fittingly celebrated in the parish of the bride or groom. Therefore, our first priority is parishioners preparing for marriage. Parishioners pay a smaller fee because they already support the parish.
- Marriage preparation should be completed with the couple’s parish priest.
- The wedding must also be officiated by him or another priest or deacon chosen by the couple. The priests at the Parish of Saint Monica are not available for destination weddings because they are already committed to their ministerial parish commitments.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure the wedding date. The balance is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
Below you will find a link to the Destination Weddings inquiry form. Please feel free to print and mail the form to Laura Bello. Or if you’d like to print, fill up, and scan so you can email it back to Ms. Bello that is okay too! Don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.
Click Here for Destination Weddings Inquiry Form
Mail or Email completed form to:
The Parish of Saint Monica
ATTN: Laura Bello
2651 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
1. Although Atlantic City is a popular destination for weddings, for Catholics, marriage is a sacrament fittingly celebrated in the parish of the bride or groom. Therefore, we encourage couples to be married by their parish priest in their own church. For couples set on an Atlantic City wedding, marriage preparation needs to be completed by the couple’s parish priest, a priest of their choosing or a deacon. You must also invite a priest or deacon of your choosing to officiate at the wedding because the schedules of the priests from this parish are already full. All necessary paperwork, documentation (certification of baptism, Pre-Cana papers, Pre-Nuptial Investigation form, civil marriage license, priest letter of suitability, etc.) must be completed by the couple/ priest well in advance of the ceremony. The priest must submit all paperwork to the Diocese of Camden at least 6 weeks prior to the wedding.
Mailing Address: Diocese of Camden P.O. Box 708
Camden, NJ 08101
Att: Marriage Tribunal- Evelyn Rodriguez
2. For non-parishioners, the fee for the use of the churches of Saint Nicholas of Tolentine, 1409 Pacific Ave, Saint Michael, 10 N Mississippi Ave, and Our Lady Star of the Sea, 2651 Atlantic Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 is $1400.00 dollars. A 50% down payment is non-refundable. This payment is required before we will schedule the wedding date. The balance is due a month before the wedding. Check, credit card, or cash can be used to make payment. If paying by check, please make it out to the Parish of Saint Monica and write the wedding date on the check itself. For a Credit Card payment, please include the, name, number and address of the credit card holder. If you are paying by cash, bring the payment to the parish office which is open from Monday – Friday, 9 am to 4 pm. A receipt will be provided. Please send any information or payments by check or credit card to:
Parish of Saint Monica
2651 Atlantic Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Att: Laura Bello
Parish of Saint Monica Destination Wedding Form
Wedding Agreement for Non-Parishioners
Name of Bride Phone Number Address Email
Name of Groom Phone Number Address Email
Names of the Churches
Saint Nicholas of Tolentine (Seats 850), Saint Michael (Seats 450), Our Lady Star of the Sea (Seats 450)
Date of Marriage Time
Date & Time of Rehearsal
Musician Nick Myers 309-453-9929 / firstname.lastname@example.org / $250 charge (If you bring your own musician/s, you will need to pay a bench fee of $150, to Nick Myers)
(A Priest from a different Diocese needs to present a letter of Suitability as soon as possible)
Phone number Email
As a non-parishioner, I understand that the fee is $1,400 and that a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date. I also understand that I must complete the marriage preparation with my parish or the priest celebrant for the wedding. He, another priest or deacon must officiate at the wedding. The priest must send the paperwork to the Diocese of Camden no later than six weeks before the wedding. I understand that the priests of the Parish of Saint Monica are unable to officiate because they are already using their time to prepare parishioners for marriage and fulfilling their other local duties. If we are still in the Covid-19 pandemic, we will follow all the safety protocols established by the parish.
________________________________________ _______________ Signature of Groom Date ________________________________________ _______________ Signature of Bride Date
For more information
For more information, contact our Destination Wedding Coordinator at email@example.com or 609-345-1878, ext. 14.