- Marriage preparation must be completed with the a parish priest prior to the couple’s wedding. So, the first step in scheduling a wedding here at the Parish of St. Monica is to contact Fr. Andrew Pham or Deacon Michael Bortnowski, who will help prepare you for marriage.
- Your wedding can be celebrated by one of our parish priests, and you can discuss who will celebrate your wedding with Fr. Andrew Pham. It is also possible for the wedding to be celebrated by another priest or deacon chosen by the couple, but please discuss this with Fr. Andrew Pham.
- The fee for weddings for parishioners is $400.
- In order to for us to reserve your wedding date, you must make the payment for your wedding at least 60 days prior to your wedding.
Rehearsals for weddings at St. Nicholas of Tolentine Church and St. Michael’s Church will be scheduled no later than 5:00pm on the day before your wedding. Rehearsals for weddings at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church will be scheduled no later than 2:00pm on the day before your wedding. Rehearsals can also be scheduled on other days prior to the wedding as per needs of the presiding priest or other scheduling conflicts.
Music is an integral part of your wedding. The Parish of St. Monica musicians will provide music for your wedding. The base fee for our musicians is $350, but certain additional music requests have additional fees. Outside musicians can only be used for weddings with the coordination of the organist here at the Parish of St. Monica. There is also a bench fee of $250 when bringing in your own musicians from outside of the Parish of St. Monica. After filling out an application for a destination wedding here at the Parish of St. Monica, you will be able to get in touch with our musicians.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Flowers are the responsibility of the couple but need to abide by the following guidelines. No flowers are to be placed directly in front of the altar. Floral arrangements can be placed toward the sides of the altar, in front of the pulpit, or in some other areas of the sanctuary.
- Flowers, ribbons, and other decorations are not allowed to be taped, glued, puttied, wired, nor stapled to the pews of our churches.
- Please inform your guests that throwing rice, flower petals, birdseed, confetti, glitter, or other objects is NOT permitted anywhere on church property.
- Runners are not allowed to be used in weddings at the Parish of St. Monica, as they can become safety hazards.
- All planning for your wedding ceremony should be done with the priest who is preparing you for marriage or with the priest who will celebrate your wedding. All planning should be completed well in advance of your wedding rehearsal.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted to be in our church buildings or on parish property, with the exception of service animals. Dogs and other pets are not allowed to be involved in your wedding in any way during the ceremony.
- Please remind your guests to respect the Blessed Sacrament when entering the church for your rehearsal and for your wedding.
- We remind you that the church is a place of worship, and that proper reverence is expected of all occupants of the church buildings, including you and your guests. This reverence is extended to all areas of our church properties. This is especially important to remember during your rehearsal, before your ceremony, and after your ceremony when taking pictures.
- Thank you for being mindful of others on your special day. We look forward to welcoming you here at the Parish of St. Monica as you celebrate your wedding!